1. What was your reaction to the book?
2. What is the significance of inherited wealth?
3. What policy options for reducing wealth inequality are recommended by Piketty?
4. Why would there be no discussion of race or gender in a book that centers on inequality? Hasn’t discrimination contributed greatly to the wealth gap?
5. If those who already have the majority of capital continue to grow returns on it, what does that mean for people in developing communities who are trying to catch up?
6. Economists all have different conclusions (and statistics) about why or how the government should be involved. How would you decide how much government regulation will be effective in reducing inequality?
Add your questions and comments below!